Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sick, bruised, and burning cereal sticks.....


So, last night we put the kids in bed. Judah wanted to sleep with Corban and she said "okay", so he climbed in bed with her. Well, he did something to hurt her at some point, something to do with pinching her arm. Well, I guess Corban got fed up because the next thing we knew, Judah was screaming and it was a scream that sounded like something was wrong. I went into their room and he was standing there, hardly able to breathe, and holding his eye. I pulled his hand down to look at it and the poor guy definitely hit something when he fell out of the bed. He has the same little viral bug we all have had and as usual it is lodged in his respiratory tract with great enthusiasm. He coughed all night long, inspite of benadryl and his inhaler. It was a long night for Jess. I had taken benadryl myself to quit coughing so I would sleep well, so I was pretty much out of it and slept good, poor Jess!


So, today, I get home from class to eat some lunch and I walk in and it smeels like smoke. This morning before I left, I grabbed a box of cereal and noticed these little "cereal straws" were still in the pantry. I knew the kids would most likely ravage them if they were in sight and well, I was right. When I asked Jess what the smoke was coming from she proceed to tell me the following: "Your son*in that stren tone*", somehow I knew she was going to say that, "let me just tell you this, by the time I got to the microwave....the time on it was 36:24 and counting down". I gave my usual look and she said, "yes, he decided to cook a cereal straw". He told Jess, "I wanted it warm mommy, why can I not use the microwave anymore?".


So, now, he is running around with a sweatshirt on, red and green "Lightning McQueen" socks on his footies, and eating an apple. Just a day in the life the Hutcherson household. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Oh nooooooo!! haha! I can just see Katie doing that very thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, glad you stopped by! Feel free to leave a message!