Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hutcherson Family Update Thursday 2, 2008

Thursday, October 02, 2008
Hutcherson Family Update
I just typed out the longest blog, to date, and when I was trying to post it, somehow, I deleted the darn thing. And no, the initial word that came to mind was not "darn". This one will be much shorter and to the point. Jess' face- is still not doing very good. The pus is coming out from time to time, so, hopefully it will heal up eventually. If not, we are looking at Jess being put on Accutane, which is very expensive and can cause numerous birth defects, if you get pregnant while taking it. We have lived with out sex for a long time now, so what's several more months, eh? Before they can prescribe the med, she has to read two books, we watched an extremely annoying video last night, that I swear was made for people who do not have all their mental faculties intact. It repeated the same things over and over. Then, it repeated them some more. Finally, you get the last part and it repeats everything from beginning. It was like watching re-runs of re-runs multiple times (was that sentence annoying? that is how the video was). Anyway, the kids are doing pretty good. Corban talked with us the other night and told us how satan has been attacking her and telling her that Elli's death was a result of bad things she had done and things that I had done. She also told us that Jesus told her that satan was lying to her and that she is not to blame and Elli is with him and has no more "owies". She is so much smarter than us, esp. spiritually. Her name means- "a gift devoted to God", we devoted her and God is fulfilling His plan in her for sure. So, after we talked for a while we prayed and she asked Jesus into her heart. She is so excited, she is telling everyone. We are going to set up a time for Uncle Shane to baptize her. Judah has been kind of emotional. The other night he came into the living room and his face was turning several shades of blue. We have enough experience with our children changing colors lately. :) Anyhow, he had a belt secured tightly around his little neck. I had several books on me, which I threw off quickly to go get the scissors and Jess started trying to get the belt off. Before I got back into the living room, Jess had the belt off. Then, Judah takes off running and yelling, "I can bweave, I can bweave". We really couldn't do anything but laugh. (He did this in his bedroom and came into the living room when he decided he was having trouble breathing, I guess. Just so no one thinks we watch our children bind themselves.) You may laugh but we have had really strange things happening to us since Elli's death. You can leave no stone unturned. School- hard to catch up. My chemistry professor has really worked with me to help get me caught up. I took my first test in Organic. I won't post the grade, it is nothing to be proud of, pretty good I guess for taking it a week and a half after I gathered all the funeral arrangements for our daughter. The other chemistry class I have with him, I took the test the other day, I think Monday. We haven't gotten those back yet, so not sure on that one. I felt a little better about that one but we will see. Calculus, what a crazy subject. If you hated Algebra, you sure would like Calculus. I had to drop that one. The professor for that class was more than willing to work with me as well but I knew I was going to self-destruct if I continued on that path at this time. Genetic testing- the results from Elli are in. We assumed that no news was good news. Jess finally called to find out about those. Basically, there were markers that would indicate a hereditary pre-disposition to the disease Elli had. It is suggested, at this point, that we have further testing if we want to have more children. "Some might say, you should be glad you have two healthy children, some people don't even have that." Someone actually told us that. Well, that is true but it assumes that we need to be reminded of that or that losing one out of three isn't too bad. For those of you that have lost a child and have had something like this said to you, I am very sorry. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have healthy children. The Bible tells us that children are a blessing. It says, "that those who have a quiver full are blessed". We are very grateful for Corban and Judah's health. Corban's Kidneys- We did find out, after Elli was born, that Corban has a cyst on one of her kidneys. We assume that they didn't tell us earlier b/c they didn't want us to be alarmed and there is no immediate complications from it. Cysts on kidney's are not uncommon and even in this disease, people usually make it to their teens and even their 30's before they know that they have it. The doctors are researching a little bit more before they contact us. We are hoping that there is no connection. There are so many differing opinions...even in the medical field concerning Multi and Poycycstic Kidney Disease. At first we thought that Elli had Multicystic Dysplastic Kidney disease(MDKD) which has no, or so they think, genetic pre-disposition. If in fact it is the Polycystic, it would implicate that there is a possibility that Corban or Judah could develop the disease. SO, we can't say that it doesn't concern us but.......all we can do is wait. Life in general has been fairly interesting. We found our that my grandmother, Connie, has breast cancer. So, please remember her in your prayers. We have had a couple other really WEIRD things happen that are so bizarre, we don't even care to re-tell them. All this to say, please remember to pray for us. I know our prayer list contiues to grow. So many people are hurting, our political climate is frustrating, and the financial climate is down-right depresssing. I hope this song below will encourage you as much as it has us. Well, I have written much more than I had intended as I have mound of homework started but not all of it is completely finished. So, I will leave you all with this thought.....or rather the lyrics to this song and I will attach the song as well.
If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy,I can only conclude that I, I was not made for hereIf the felsh that I fight is at best only light and momentary,then ofcourse I'll feel nude when to where I'm destined I'm compared
[CHORUS]Speak to me in the light of the dawnMercy comes with the morningI will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me
Am I lost or just found? On the straight or on the roundabout of the wrong way?is this a soul that stirs in me, is it breaking free, wanting to come alive?Cos my comfort would prefer for me to be numbAnd avoid the impending birth of who I was born to become
[CHORUS]
[BRIDGE]For we, we are not long hereOur time is but a breath, so we better breathe itAnd I, I was made to live, I was made to love, I was made to know youHope is coming for meHope, He's coming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHpuTGGRCbY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, glad you stopped by! Feel free to leave a message!