Monday, September 7, 2009

Looking ahead.....

The last few days have been hard to say the least. Jess is very tired, two years of pregnancy has a way of wearing one down, neither of which have been "normal"..... Going back to school has been difficult psychologically. "Can I do it?", "Can I pull out of the state of defeat I seem to stay in?" are always on my mind. Then, the third week of school. Remembering what we experienced last year and not being able to hold that little life again for a time to come. We know all of the spiritual sayings, "You've got two blessings on the way", "You'll see her again one day", "God took one away so He could give you two"....... I won't say much about those comments b/c I know that the best of intentions comes with each comment. The only comment that seems to provide any comfort is, "She is with Jesus, she plays at his feet and rests in His lap". That is about the only comfort we have aside from the fact that we will see her again one day.

So, last few days, depression and oppression. I am sick of it. I am sick of being defeated, downtrodden, and most of all I am sick of not living in the hope that lives with-frikkin'-in-me. I am sick of not waking up in the middle of the night to talk with the One in whom my hopes ly. I am sick of the enemy winning all of the little battles. Music ministers to me greatly. Nothing can take me to the feet of Jesus like music. Selah's new CD came out last week. I have yet to get it but will soon, like as soon as we get a chance to go to a town big enough that actually has it. The song "Unredeemed" and "You deliver Me"--amazing songs. I am once again reminded that I may be here in a world that wants us to feel alone, defeated, and unredeeemed......but that is not the case. I am not alone, we are not alone, we are not defeated, and we are so redeemed! I would imagine the anticipation Jesus feels when He thinks about coming to get His own. I can't wait for that day and I can't wait to sit at his feet and praise Him for all He has done, does, and continues to do.

He delivers us, redeems us, and loves us.....against all odds, in light of all the sin, in light of the many times we reject Him- He comes through time and time again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, glad you stopped by! Feel free to leave a message!