Saturday, March 14, 2009

Shortened version

Okay, so the last blog went on forever and I still didn't finish. Here is the shortened version.

I noticed last Saturday that our dog Pink was in heat. This wasn't supposed to happen until April 1st and we were going to drive Pink out over spring break. Since she came in early, we decided that Judah and I would go ahead and take her. So, we set out at about 6 pm last Saturday and planned to return late Sunday evening. We got just passed Birmingham, Alabama and a drunk and allegedly high lady drove us off the road. The lady was taken to the hospital by paramedics. Judah, Pink and I hitched a ride with a couple of soldiers who were on leave. They drove us to where we were going. Those guys were amazing and I am grateful to have people like them defending our country. Anyway, they got us to North, South Carolina, I know it is weird but that is where they live. Our friends, David and Shannon, have the male that we are breeding Pink to. They were awesome! They took great care of us and sat in a waiting room with us for three hours waiting to be seen. When they finally got us back to see a doc, they informed us that we had to go to another clinic b/c their x-ray machine had just broken on the patient before us. So, David and Shannon took us to another clinic. They got us in quickly, checked us out, shot x-rays, and gave us scripts and a note stating I should not drive home. Earlier that morning Shannon had already booked our flight home for Monday.

So, Monday we got up and Shannon drove Judah and me to Charlotte, NC, to get on our plane. I had started hurting immediately after the wreck and was hurting but still okay at this point. We got through checking in, security-dummy me put my x-rays in the x-ray machine!!!- and got to our gate. We flew to Memphis. We had to wait about an hour and a half for the flight to LR. About an hour after waiting I started hurting more. I didn't even think to check for a gate change. When I realized that it had changed we had five minutes til departure. I picked Judah up and ran to our gate. After this, I was hurting so badly I couldn't even move my eyes without excrutiating pain. They booked us on another flight leaving at 7pm and it was 3 pm by this time. At 4:30pm I couldn't move, at all. That was the worste pain I have ever experienced. Judah was awesome. He brought me a drink and when I couldn't take it anymore, he went and told a girl that his daddy needed a hospital.

I called my grandmother and asked her if she and my grandpa could take me to the hospital b/c I didn't think I could make the flight home. They came and got me and my cousin said she would come and get Judah for me. Luckily, my aunt and uncle came and got Judah and took him to my cousin's, April, house. Jessica and Corban left LR and came to Southhaven, MS. to see me. We got there, at the hospital at 5 pm, and left at 11:23pm. The doctor got mad b/c I asked him to re-shoot the x-rays getting my whole spine. He came back in the room, was rude, and said they still looked okay. They gave me a shot which was useless and gave me a script for a pain med and an anti-inflammatory that I specifically asked them not to write for me.

Jess couldn't wait to see Judah so we stayed with my cousin that night. We left at about 9 am the next morning. We went by the airport to get our luggage and came home. My face, my left arm and parts of my back are going numb- we assume it is just the pinched nerve but that is about it. We are praying that our dog gets pregnant!!!!! We are thankful for family and friends that are family to us. We are so appreciative for the people that helped us out that night, the guys that drove us- Bobby V. and Chris-, Shannon and David. We could not be more blessed.

I was taking the flexeril as frequently as the pain med, neither of which did anything but take the edge off. Um, I looked it up online and I was way overdosing on the muscle relaxer. It did allow me to get some sleep. Jess had to listen to me FREAK out anytime a white car would pass us on the interstate. I always thought that Post Traumatic Stress was a bunch of junk, unless you had been to war. OMG, that stuff is real. I can't tell you how many times I had to push the imaginery brake....poor Jess. So, its hurting again, so I better go. Thank you Jesus, thank you Jess, and thank you David and Shannon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! So glad you and your cutie aren't any worse for wear...that's terrible :(
    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, glad you stopped by! Feel free to leave a message!